Google Places has been renamed and rejigged Google My Business and now Google will help your business go even further.
Google My Business allows you to:
- be found more easily by your customers
- be more accessible from mobile devices
- Build up customer reviews (if have a ‘local’ type business)
- Use Google Hangouts for free webinars or video calls
- Build even better relationships with existing and potential
- And much more!
Get started by visiting Google My Business and filling in the form. You will automatically be given a Google Plus page to populate, and a postcard will be sent to your address for you to verify.
One of the great things about Google My Business is it gives you a real insight into who is looking at your page and what actions they are taking on your content.
Google Insights allows you to:
- See how many followers you have
- Interact with them individually
- The gender split (once you have at least 200 followers)
- Accept and respond to reviews
- See the total views of your content
- Note the engagement on posts, and which type of content gets the most engagement
Marketing on Google
There is a lot more you can do to market your business once you are set up on Google
- Start a “community” of like-mined people and potential customers
- Organise a “hangout” and set yourself up as a subject matter expert
- Share content publically or privately
- Respond to messages from clients and customers
If you need help setting up or maintaining a Google My Business page, contact Direct Sites Online of 02 9557 7623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org