Think again, now you have to actually bring customers to the site (and encourage them to buy)
Here are 10 ways you can attract visitors and make sales.
1. Search engine optimization
We mentioned this in the previous post – but it’s here again because of its importants. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the single best way to drive people to your site. The details of good SEO are fodder for a full post, but the basics include using keywords, including in photo descriptions and meta-information (but not keyword stuffing); get some valuable backlinks; be seen on social media; submit your site map to search engines; and keep your content fresh. SEO can be time consuming and costly initially, but the pay off is immense when you start to see your numbers of organic visotrs rise as your Google rank rises.
2. Blogging and guest blogging: Blogging is not only a great way to get that valuable fresh content, it also sets you up as a subject matter experts. But writing for other sites – especially popular sites – can be even more valuable in driving new visitors to your website through the backlink you get with your biography.
3. Pay per click (PPC): Google Adwords is the most common form of PPC advertising. And it means exactly what it says – you only pay for the clicks through to your site. But be careful, you need to word your ad (and use relevant keywords) to ensure you only get warm leads.
4. Retargeting: Ever wondered why, after you visit a website, you are all of a sudden seeing ads relevant to that website? It’s because there is what’s known as a “cookie” on your computer. As a business, you can take advantage of this technology by placing a cookie on the computers of your website visitors as well. A perfect way to keep your business front of mind.
5. Facebook ads: Millions of people use Facebook every day (Facebook reports 727 million daily active users in September 2103). And they cover all types of demographics. Plus, because they use Facebook to access all sorts of information about things that interest them, Facebook knows pretty much everything about its users. Which means you can target your ads very specifically. A very cost-effective way to bring in new traffic – you can set the budget and pay only for the clicks.
6. Videos: Did you know that YouTube is the second most popular search engine after Google? Which means creating videos and uploading them to YouTube is a great way to drive visitors to your site. As well as create those all-important back links that help Google find you. And you don’t have to worry about creating something that viral” (although that would be nice!), you just need interesting content and a compelling call to action.
YouTube also sells advertising space on other people’s videos – a great way to target your marketing spend.
7. Email marketing: Online marketing gurus us it’s “all about the list” – this is the people who have signed up to receive your marketing message straight to their inbox. It’s a great way to converse with people already engaged with your brand as it can sometimes take a few contacts before they buy. Give them and incentive to sign up, distribute interesting, compelling content, and remember not to be too “salesy” or they will unsubscribe quick smart.
8. Great customer service: If you give current customers a great service (and product) they will recommend you to your friends. And we all know word-of-mouth is the single greatest advertising medium there is – and best of all, it’s free! Same goes for your site – if you offer great content and a good user experience, word will get around. There’s even sites such as true local, where people can rate local businesses.
9. Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linked In offer exceptional two-way communication between business and customers. But like email marketing, you need to give people good reasons to follow or like you – and not bombard them with constant “buy, but, buy” messages.
10. PR: Public relations strategies can help you brand yourself and you business as the go-to “talent” in your niche. This will increase awareness and drive traffic to your site. Write and distribute press releases when you have something interesting to say (but keep in mind that press releases are not advertisements) and don’t forget online news agencies that allow you to upload your press releases.
Direct Sites Online has all the expertise needed to market your website. Call us today on 02 9557 7623 or email email@example.com.