In fact, forecasts predict that by next year there will be 1.7 billion mobile internet users worldwide. That’s a lot of potential customers.
But if your site either won’t – or is slow to – download on a mobile phone, or is hard to read on a small screen, you could potentially lose thousands of dollars in sales.
What else can you do to make your site mobile friendly? Here’s five tips.
- Get your developer to install a plug-in which can transform your mobile-unfriendly site into a mobile-friendly site in minutes.
- Write clear content so that when a potential customer is reading your copy on a small device, the benefits and the call to action are immediate – they don’t have to scroll down reams of text.
- Practice good design by keeping things uncluttered and simple with good use of white space and easily scannable layout.
- Create user-friendly navigation so customers can find their way around even on the smallest of screens.
- Don’t use too may images that may take time to download.
Direct Sites Online has the expertise to create mobile-friendly websites – or turn an “unfriendly” site around. So if you can’t read your site on a smart phone, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9557 7623